Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a wake up.

This is what I woke up to this morning.
It is undisturbed and you can see we
got at least 6 in. It so reminds me of
High School in LaPine Oregon. I don't
think we ever had a winter with out
less than 5 feet of snow. Every year
here it amazes me when the schools
close with only an inch of snow and in
LaPine they didn't every shut down no
matter how much snow we got. even 23 years later I remember the winters
there with great fondness. My big brother Mike (gone now) use to love to
walk beside me going from our mothers to our grandmothers and shove me
into the snow bank along the side of the road. He got great fun doing this, I on
the other hand was buried over my head. you see the snow plow had already
been by so the snow bank was much deeper than the 5 feet that had fallen.
Such fun days.






1 comment:

Jean said...

Nice snow!!!! We finally had our first snow this week and then an ice/sleet/snow storm complete with thunder and lightning on Thurs. night. Crazy weather everywhere.