Wednesday, November 5, 2008

needle point flowers

Well I decided what to do with the
pastel's I had.


My mother had these blocks
just sitting for years and some time
she gave them to me. There are more
but they are the state flower & bird
on each block. I just did the flower
blocks. And yes I did all the needle
point my self.



How many of you out there like
to needle point, I sometimes think
it's a dying art. I just think that
sometimes if it's done right it can
be so beautiful. I love these blocks
and can't wait to see what they
look like all sewen together.

5 comments:

Christina said...

What is the difference between needle point and embordory? They are beautiful!! Mom would be happy.

Patricia said...

The difference is spelling.

Rachel said...

I really like the stained glass window you have as your header! Beautiful.

Jean said...

These are really pretty...you did a nice job.

I think with needlepoint, you use a different fabric, sort of like the aida cloth used in counted cross stitch. I'm no expert....

Betsy said...

How nice for your mom to gift you those and that you appreciate them enough to make them into a quilt. I like the art of needlepoint but I am not good at it.