Friday, November 14, 2008

Updated good news

Ok, So remember my jump up and down exciting news. Well the Literary Agency that wanted to publish my book turned out to be a scam company, Thank Goodness I found out before I went with them. Well sence then I've heard from a couple more places who like my work the only thing is they want me to pay $4,000.00 up front. That's money I don't have so I kept sending my book out. Well last week a traditional agency requested the first five pages. That's good news, that means the aqusition editor like it and is sending it on to an agent. Yea me. It will be a while before I hear back at least several weeks. At the same time I send one of my childrens books out as well and they said they'd like to work with me, I just need to find an illustrator or go with one they work with and pay $100.00 plus per illustration. I have a live in illustrator so I will only have to pay a fraction of that if they like her work. We sent them a sample of her work, it will be at least a week or two before we know. My 15 year old Sarai is a very gifted artist. So everyone keep your fingers crossed, unless your quilting then keep your toes crossed. Here is the sample of her work I sent to the agency. what do you think.

5 comments:

McTwigans! said...

Let me know how all that turns out! I studied illustration in college and ended up with 2 books I don't know what to do with. And if you need any illustration feedback, let me know! I am very excited for you!

Patricia said...

Thank's mctwigans I'll keep you in mind.

Christina said...

She is very talented, well she is my neice what did I expect!!

Jean said...

Her sketch is very nice. I wish you luck.

Betsy said...

I hope this works out for you. what a blessing that you were able to see the scam before they stole your book. It's so sad that nowadays we have to cover our backs so much.